This is a low-end smartphone but it comes with some high-end specs such as:
- A massive 4.7-inch curved-glass screen 800 x 480 resolution
- 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU and 512 MB RAM
- 8GB on board storage expandable to 64GB with MicroSD
- Nokia’s custom Camera apps
- Super-sensitive display technology.
- 5 Megapixel camera capable of 1080p video recording
- Front-facing VGA camera for video calls.
This new device also follows the “classic” Lumia design with replaceable semi-transparent shells that come in a multitude in bright and fresh colors including Orange, Bright Green and Yellow.
The Lumia 625 also supports LTE so you get high speed internet wherever you go and it packs a decent 2000 mAh battery. According to Nokia you can get up to 23 hours of talk time, up to 6.8 hours of video playback and up to 23 days of standby.
We’ve seen Nokia have a lot of success in developing markets with the Lumia 520, and now they’re trying to follow-up with the Lumia 625. A focus on this segment is by all estimates the way forward in a market that’s saturated with high-end phones and where there are billions of consumers that have yet to own a smartphone.
The Lumia 625 will be launching in the third quarter of this year and it will retail for around $290 without a carrier plan.