Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v6.1.3 enhancement and fixed bugs:
- Enhance the performance issue for xml matching tags highlighting and for displaying clickable links.
- While the amount of file to open is larger than 200, a dialog will be shown to warn user.
- Fix Notepad++ close bug while move one cloned new empty document into another view, in the destination contained only this new empty document.
- Fix hanging problem while double-click on a project folder then (immediately) drag it.
- Fix a bug while command argument contain an empty string ("").
- Fix mouse cursor disappearing bug on right click while a project item is dragging.