Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.4.1
- v6.4.1 contains a crash issue fix from v6.4
Changes in version 6.4:
- Display the error/result in the new added statusbar of Find/Replace dialog instead in popup dialogs.
- Add delimiter select by ctrl+Double click feature.
- Add set begin position feature for selection.
- Fix fold all command bug (which folds partially).
- Fix opening the same file twice due to its different path (for example symbol link).
- Fix deleting macro from macro menu crash issue.
- Fix the bug of Window position not saved/restored properly.
- Fix small window size problem due to closing Notepad++ in icon state (reduced in the taskbar) on the last session.
- Enhance Block comment: remove 1024 bytes limit.
- Fix a detection error of UTF16 file from a binary file.
- Enhance the performance of switching files if folding is applied.
- Fix macro problem: Find functionality doesn't work in "Run a Macro Multiple Times".
- Enhance the performance while double clicking on a very long word.
- Enhance TAB/Space conversion: UTF8 support and preserving the current state.
- Change the Preferences dialog's UI (List interface instead of tab interface).