Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.5:
- Update Scintilla to 3.3.4
- Add Coffee script support.
- Add multi-paste support for multi-selection/column mode.
- Add new feature: auto-close parenthis, quotes, bracket and matched xml/html tag.
- Add php, perl, xml, batch, ini and nsis for the build-in function list.
- Add User Defined Languages support for the build-in function list.
- Fix a minor problem of file extension support for the build-in function list.
- Fix a tag matching bug by disabling tag matching inside PHP code blocks.
- Fix right-to-left text after closing document map bug.
- Fix canceling shutdown make Notepad++ quit w/o saving files bug.
- Enhance "Begin/End select" feature: Check "Begin/End select" menu item when active.
- Enhance Mark all feature: 2 options "Match case" and "Match whole word only" in Find/Replace dialog .
- Fix a Replace dialog status bar display problem by clearing status bar before processing any action.
- Add new feature: if Notepad++ is running as administrator, display this info on the title bar.
- Rename "block comment" to "Single line comment" and "stream comment" to "block comment".
- Remove invalid command "Online Documentation".