Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.5.2:
- Add sort lines feature.
- Make 2 external commands as build-in commands: Open containing folder in Explorer/cmd.
- URL hovered highlighting can be customized.
- Fix the bug that Global Styles are not loaded completely in Stylers Configurator.
- Improve php and js parsers in functionList.
- Add panel icons for 6 panels: ascii insertion, clipboard history, doc map, doc switcher, function list and project.
- Fix function list class border determination problem (while open/close symbols are in the comment zone).
- Fix crash (buffer overflowed problem) for function calltip.
- Fix a bug in path auto-completion feature.
- Fix tab close button's color remains hovered while mouse leaves.
- Update html auto-completion file.