Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.5.3:
- Make advanced scrolling optional so it can be disabled in case of touchpad scrolling problem.
- Enhance sort lines feature: if several lines are selected, only the selected lines are sorted.
- Add hex value column in Ascii Insert Panel.
- Enhance performance: prevent switched-in document from being parsed by function list and by document map while these 2 panels are hidden.
- Fix the bug that modified tab interface colour settings cannot be saved in stylers configurator.
- Fix text crazy flickering while resizing the frame on a specific position.
- Fix the context menu not shown for the all other users (accounts) in the same PC.