Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.6.3:
- Fix SaveAll command hanging issue while session snapshot is enabled.
- Fix docking error messages displaying due to bad detection of windows version.
- Fix restoring saved files as unsaved due to SaveAll bug in session snapshot mode.
- Disable session snapshot while command line argument -nosession is used.
- Fix bug that backup is not performed (in session snapshot mode) while view is switched from one to another.
- Fix a bug in NppShell when trying to open many files.