The NPD Group, the top game-industry research firm, has released its list of the top selling video game titles for the month of September. The month's most popular title was Halo: ODST selling over 1.5 million units and overtaking both Wii Sports Resort and Madden NFL 10.
Halo 3: ODST is a first-person shooter developed by Bungie and published by Microsoft. Players assume the roles of elite human United Nations Space Command soldiers known as Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODSTs) during the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3.
Wii Sports Resort (442k) and Madden NFL 10 for the Xbox 360 (289k) rounded off the top three in the software charts.
Beatles: Rock Band for the 360 beat Guitar Hero 5 for the 360, with 254k in fourth compared to Guitar Hero 5's 210k in ninth.
The Wii version of Beatles rounds off the top 10 with 208k units sold.
Full list is below.
1. Halo 3:ODST (360, Microsoft) – 1.52 million
2. Wii Sports Resort (Wii, Nintendo) – 442.9K
3. Madden NFL 10 (360, EA) – 289.6K
4. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS, Nintendo) – 258.1K
5. The Beatles: Rock Band (360, MTV/EA) – 254K
6. Madden NFL 10 (PS3, EA) – 246.5K
7. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360, Acti Blizz) – 236K
8. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Square Enix) – 212.5K
9. Guitar Hero 5 (360, Acti Blizz) – 210.8K
10. The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii, MTV/EA) 208.6K