NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution. Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of succesful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software. NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
This release adds support for installation on Windows x64 and includes the usual collection of new features, bug fixes, improvements and translation updates.
* Installation on x64 systems is now fully supported with $PROGRAMFILES64,SetRegView and Library's LIBRARY_X64 option.
* Added LIBRARY_X64 option for InstallLib and UnInstallLib for installing and uninstalling x64 libraries
* Added $PROGRAMFILES32, $PROGRAMFILES64, $COMMONFILES32 and $COMMONFILES64
* Added $EXEPATH and $EXEFILE
* Added $(^Language) language string which holds the language name (RFE #1235616)
* Added LIBRARY_IGNORE_VERSION option for InstallLib (patch #1699435) (patch #1706624)
* Avoid Library warning when UnInstallLib is unused (bug #1692761)
* Fixed error handling of CopyFiles on Windows NT4 (bug #774966)
* Fixed font name encoding broken since 2.24
* Fixed LogicLib duplicate labels across included files
* Fixed preservation of folder attributes with File /a (bug #1699474)
* Improved unused variable warning (bug #1701050)
* Library macros no longer require version information for DLL files on POSIX
* Minor documentation improvements (including RFE #971467)
* Modern UI: added MUI_FINISHPAGE_CANCEL_ENABLED [view full changelog]