NVIDIA is currently recruiting senior eDRAM design engineers for a full-time position at NVIDIA's Santa Clara, California offices. There is no mention what projects the senior eDRAM design engineers will work on. NVIDIA does not have any products that integrate eDRAM now, however, rumours hint at an upcoming GPU for Sony's PSP successor. This is feasible for two reasons: both the Sony PS2 and PSP GPU feature eDRAM, and other gaming consoles that take advantage of eDRAM (Nintendo's Gamecube, Wii and Microsoft's Xbox 360) all feature AMD/ATI GPUs. Although NVIDIA is a likely candidate as the GPU designer for Sony's PSP successor, neither companies have made any announcements. Anyways, putting all speculation aside, the job responsibilities include:
- Transistor level circuit design for Graphics processors and other ASICs targeted at desktop, laptop, workstation, set-top box, wireless and home networking markets.
- Participating in circuit design of eDRAM macros.
- Circuit simulations, layout extractions, timing characterizations and timing file generations.
- Layout floor planning and layout supervisions.
- Circuit level logical function and transistor level verifications.