The Guardian is reporting that O2 have won an exclusivity deal for the Palm Pre in the UK.
The Pre which is already on sale in the US is a rival to Apple's iPhone. Seen by many as a worthy competitor, some analysts believe Palm has shifted 300,000 devices in the US alone. O2 already has an exclusive deal with Apple for the iPhone and selling the Pre exclusively will further confirm its position as the UK's largest mobile phone network.
Palm first unveiled the Pre at a press conference during this years Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The device packs a punch and has received rave reviews around the world. The official specs are:
- High-speed wireless (EV-DO Rev. A or HSDPA, depending on version)
- 802.11b / g WiFi
- Integrated GPS
- 3.1-inch 24-bit color 480 x 320 display
- Dedicated gesture area below display
- Slide-out portrait QWERTY keyboard
- Exchange email support in addition to POP and IMAP
- IM, MMS, and SMS messaging
- High-performance browser
- 3-megapixel camera with LED flash and "extended depth of field"
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP
- 8GB of internal storage
- USB mass storage mode
- MicroUSB connectivity with USB 2.0
- Proximity sensor for detecting when phone is near face
- Light sensor to automatically dim display
- Ringer mute switch
- Removable rechargeable battery
- 59.57 x 100.53 x 16.95mm closed
- 4.76 ounces