O~3 Entertainment has announced details today about the upcoming World Championship Tennis for PC. The game is expected to release in North and South America in late summer 2004.
"The ability to put yourself into the action of a sports game has been limited to console products so far," said Chris Jelinek, vice president for sales and marketing for O~3 Entertainment. "In World Championship Tennis, players can immerse themselves in the action and personalize their Internet play to a greater degree."
Key features of World Championship Tennis include:
- Multiple characters – Choose from over 16 unique players with customizable skills.
- Create players – Import your own photos and play as yourself on the world circuit.
- Play against real opponents – Intense multiplayer action is available over the Internet.
- Customizable control – Choose to play in either first- or third-person view
- Four modes of play – Select from Arcade, Tournament Match, Career, or Player Training modes.
- Real weather effects present true-to-life challenges.
- Hall of Fame – track your progress against your opponents'
News source: GameZone