Outpost Firewall Pro, provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration by denying unauthorized access by remote hackers and protecting against data theft, denial-of-service attacks, privacy violation, Trojan horses, spyware and more. Four major criteria define Outpost Firewall Pro: security, control, privacy and ease of use.
Agnitum released an update to their popular firewall product, Outpost. This update fixes lots of bugs and provides improvements to the anti-leak feature which made it's way into the last public build. Click read more for the changelog.
- Anti-leak support for alternative way to install system-wide hooks is added
- Several incompatibility issues with third-party products (McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8, Spysweeper 5.0.x/Enterprise, Avast, and others)
- The attempt to establish a dial-up connection was performed on starting windows after updating to version 4.0
- Outpost Firewall blocked access to Start > Search > For Files and Folders
- Startup mode did not changed from Disabled to Normal after reboot
- Zero IP address could appear in macroaddresses
- Outpost Firewall could freeze on disabling self-protection
- Anti-Leak and Self-Protection buttons were available on Windows 9x
- Anti-Leak Control blocked process self-injection
- Anti-Spyware monitor could hang on ignoring spyware
- Several interface issues