The Oxford English Dictionary has recognized the word 'wiki' as a word, among many others in its latest quarterly update. 'Wiki' began life as 'wiki wiki', a Hawaiian word meaning 'quick', but the OED has recognised the abbreviated version as "a type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it, using a simplified mark-up language". As usual, OED has taken its sweet time with accepting the recent addition of 'wiki', as it has with previous terms that many use on a daily basis (such as the verb 'to google' which was not included until last year).
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- UPS for Datacenter in Hardware Hangout
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Surface 3 (4G LTE) is coming! in Back Page News
- Cities: Skylines in Computer Gaming
- Microsoft has opened the door for Surface Hub pre-orders in Front Page News
- Need Help - Gaming PC: Should I upgrade or wait? in Hardware Hangout
- Test Pilot Admits the F-35 Can’t Dogfight in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.