The Oxford English Dictionary has recognized the word 'wiki' as a word, among many others in its latest quarterly update. 'Wiki' began life as 'wiki wiki', a Hawaiian word meaning 'quick', but the OED has recognised the abbreviated version as "a type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it, using a simplified mark-up language". As usual, OED has taken its sweet time with accepting the recent addition of 'wiki', as it has with previous terms that many use on a daily basis (such as the verb 'to google' which was not included until last year).
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Any issues buying used Wii U games/consoles? in Nintendo Console
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- elementary OS Freya released in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Oddworld New'n'Tasty is now Cross-buy with the PS4 Plus version in Sony Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Patch My PC 188.8.131.52 in Front Page News
- Good SSL Certificate for a reasonable price? in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.