The Oxford English Dictionary has recognized the word 'wiki' as a word, among many others in its latest quarterly update. 'Wiki' began life as 'wiki wiki', a Hawaiian word meaning 'quick', but the OED has recognised the abbreviated version as "a type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it, using a simplified mark-up language". As usual, OED has taken its sweet time with accepting the recent addition of 'wiki', as it has with previous terms that many use on a daily basis (such as the verb 'to google' which was not included until last year).
- The harms of Masturbation and Pornography in General Discussion
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- Can we change the color of Focus Rectangle, Is it possible? in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- Hello to all in Introduce Yourself
- Printer only prints sometimes in Software Discussion & Support
- Apple might be late to the party with online payments in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Greenhouse gas fear over increased levels of meat eating in Science Discussion & News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.