The Oxford English Dictionary has recognized the word 'wiki' as a word, among many others in its latest quarterly update. 'Wiki' began life as 'wiki wiki', a Hawaiian word meaning 'quick', but the OED has recognised the abbreviated version as "a type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it, using a simplified mark-up language". As usual, OED has taken its sweet time with accepting the recent addition of 'wiki', as it has with previous terms that many use on a daily basis (such as the verb 'to google' which was not included until last year).
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- I need some help for a friend please. in Internet, Network & Security
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Russia steps up propaganda push with online "Kremlin trolls" in Real World Issues
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Isolating guest network fromthe rest of the network. in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.