The Oxford English Dictionary has recognized the word 'wiki' as a word, among many others in its latest quarterly update. 'Wiki' began life as 'wiki wiki', a Hawaiian word meaning 'quick', but the OED has recognised the abbreviated version as "a type of web page designed so that its content can be edited by anyone who accesses it, using a simplified mark-up language". As usual, OED has taken its sweet time with accepting the recent addition of 'wiki', as it has with previous terms that many use on a daily basis (such as the verb 'to google' which was not included until last year).
- Snapshot-Linux x64 v0.7 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Server Admins: What does it take to be one? in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- April 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- What is your favorite game on Android? in Mobile Gaming
- AIMP 3.60 Build 1492 in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Windows To Go USB in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- NASA Orion crew exploration vehicle (updates) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.