The optimized version of Firefox
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
What's new in Pale Moon version 24.5.0:
- Fix plugin doorhanger code for removed-node confusion.
- Remove Mozilla Corp specific details from search plugins, to clearly indicate the client is Pale Moon and to make sure searches are never counted towards other browser's searches by mistake by search providers.
- Make sure to set both "warnOnClose" and "warnOnCloseOther" prefs to false when users choose to disable this check in the popup prompt.
- Update branding: Remove nightly branding altogether - only have unofficial+official, and fix the broken About dialog branding.
- Bugfix: Clamp level of WebGL TexImage operations to 32-bits to avoid issues on x64 architectures.
- Update Linux theme: feed icon
- Bugfix: Add Firefox Compatibility flag to unofficial branding.
- Workaround for several prominent websites complaining about an "outdated browser".
- bug #952022 - Add missing detachAsmJSModule.
- bug #986843 - Replace AutoHoldZone with AutoCompartmentRooter.
- bug #989183 - Check for nsXBLJSClass.
- bug #980537 - Only store FakeBackstagePass instances in mThisObjects.
- bug #986678 - Fix type check in TryAddTypeBarrierForWrite.
- bug #966006 - Fix security issue in DNS resolver.
- bug #944353 - Avoid spurious decoding of corrupt images.
- bug #969226 - Avoid buffer overflow in corrupt ICC profiles.
- bug #991471 - Fix offset when setting host on URL.
- bug #993546 - Don't try to malloc-free 0-size memory chunks.
- bug #992968 - Avoid OOM problems with JIT code caching
Download: Pale Moon 24.5.0 | 20.3 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 24.5.0 | 22.0 MB
Download: Pale Moon 24.5.0 x64 | 23.5 MB
Download: Intel Atom-optimized Pale Moon 24.5.0 | 20.2 MB
View: Pale Moon Homepage