The optimized version of Firefox
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
What's new and fixed in Pale Moon version 24.6.2:
- Automate rendering back-end selection and use cairo as appropriate.
- This should fix start-up problems on all types of graphics cards regardless of vendor.
- Fix font subpixel rendering in menus when on cairo backend (D2D off)
- Cairo: Prevent falling back to padding when not strictly needed.
- Performance regression fix if D2D isn't used.
- Azure: Use correct device offsets.
- Prevent crashes due to the allocation of source surfaces to errored surfaces
- This prevents some miscellaneous browser crashes occurring with cairo on azure.
Download: Pale Moon 24.6.2 | 20.3 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 24.6.2 | 22.0 MB
Download: Pale Moon 24.6.2 x64 | 23.5 MB
Download: Intel Atom-optimized Pale Moon 24.6.2 | 20.2 MB
View: Pale Moon Homepage