Microsoft will release another 8 patches this coming Tuesday December 9 to block Remote Code Execution in a number of its own software, including Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, and Visual Basic. 6 are labeled as critical, and 2 labeled at important.
Microsoft will also release an update of its Malicious Software Removal Tool. This is to be the last release of patches for the 2008 year. This brings the total number of bulletins to 69 for the year end.
Vulnerabilities have been identified in the following software:
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and 2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista and Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Office 2003 with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office 2007
Patches will require a restart
Link: Microsoft Security Bulletin