PC Tools Firewall Plus is a powerful personal firewall for Windows that protects your computer from intruders and controls the network traffic in and out of your PC. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information. PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed specially for people, not experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default and advanced users can also easily create their own packet filtering rules to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection. That's why PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, OnGuard real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your system remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people everyday to protect their home and business computers against online threats.
PC Tools Firewall Plus feature highlights
* Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing.
* Intelligent automatic protection without all the questions.
* Easy to use. Designed for both, novice and expert users.
* Advanced rules to protect your PC against common attacks.
* Best of all it's FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.
* Platforms: Windows Vista, XP and 2000
1. Firewall engine works as a service, this means it is up very early in the boot phase
2. Added support for Vista and IPv6
3. Monitors all network drives
4. Introduces two zones (Internet and trusted) with different rules
5. Allows a user to create 'allow rules' from a blocking log for TCP/UDP/ICMP protocols (Simply find the blocking log and right click-> add the rule).
6. Allows import/export of rules
7. Firewall remembers activation settings (It can be activated without application filtering and this will be remembered)
8. More protocols are available in the rules
9. More options in settings
1. FW sometimes shows the wrong path for an application on the pop up menu (only if it's a parent application that was deleted before the child had tried to access the Internet)
2. Quick user guide does not reflect the new changes in the firewall
3. Do not support multiple languages (coming very soon)
4. The firewall does not detect the following leak tests: Thread injection, DLL injection, OLE automation (PC Flunk)