PC Tools Firewall Plus is a powerful personal firewall for Windows that protects your computer from intruders and controls the network traffic in and out of your PC. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information. PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed specially for people, not experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default and advanced users can also easily create their own packet filtering rules to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection. That's why PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, OnGuard real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your system remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people everyday to protect their home and business computers against online threats.
PC Tools Firewall Plus feature highlights
* Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing.
* Intelligent automatic protection without all the questions.
* Easy to use. Designed for both, novice and expert users.
* Advanced rules to protect your PC against common attacks.
* Best of all it's FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.
* Platforms: Windows Vista, XP and 2000
What's new in PC Tools Firewall v22.214.171.124 beta:
* Stealth Mode - it is a feature that allows the computer to be totally "invisible". This can be enabled and disabled in the Settings, under Filtering Tab.
* Complete application analysis for TCP/UDP - A user only needs to allow an application (or specific connection for application) in order for the application to work without creating specific NDIS (Advanced) rules (like 2.0.0.x version).
* Introducing Expert User Mode - allows much more flexibility to fine tune application behavior:
a. Creating specific rules for applications.
b. Analysis of DNS queries to allow users to specify FQDN in rules.
* Support for Anti Injection protection - will pass additional leak-tests.
* Provide more information about specific application connectivity in the Activity view:
a. All connection are specified.
b. For each application we show the traffic data that is sent/received.