The PLAYSTATION®3 system software update may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. We encourage you to check this page from time to time for software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software. An update to the PS3 system software was released on November 8, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software will be version 2.00.
- Custom themes: You can now customize the XMB (XrossMediaBar) icons or background design.
- Playlists: You can now create playlists to organize content under [Music] and [Photo].
- Information board: [Information Board] has been added as a feature under [Network]. PlayStation® related news can be displayed on the XMB screen.
- PLAYSTATION®Network category: [PLAYSTATION®Network] has been added as a category in the XMB home menu .
- Remote start: [Remote Start] has been added as an option under [Remote Play Settings]. A PS3 system in standby mode can be turned on from a PSP® system used for remote play via the Internet.
- Overall: New grouping options for the [Group Content] feature have been added to the options menu.
- [Color], [Background], and [Font] have been added as options under [Theme Settings].
- You can now select [Brightness] as an option under [Theme Settings] > [Background].
- The procedure for setting [Internet Connection Settings] under [Network Settings] has been changed.
- You can now select Canon printers with the [Printer Selection] option under [Printer Settings].
- Game: [Vibration Function] has been added as an option under [Controller Settings] in the menu that is displayed when you press the PS button on a DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller. (Available for purchase in early 200
- You can now view video content (as a progressive download) as it is being downloaded from PLAYSTATION®Store.
- [Trend Micro Web Security for PS3] has been added as an option under the Internet browser.
- The voice / video chat menu has been changed.
- You can now use the PLAYSTATION®Eye camera for voice / video chat. (Available for purchase in early 2008.)
View: Full Story @ Playstation.com