Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Do you use your resources? in Web Design / Programming
- Galaxy S6 Achieves Monstrously High Benchmark Scores, Leaves HTC One M9 In The Dust in Android
- March 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Google Chrome Issues in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- StickyNotes for Windows - Beta 9.3 in Software created by our members
- 8.1 installation: Black screen with blinking cursor in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.