Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- IPB4 upgrade announcement in Site Forum Issues
- Website template in Web Design Programming
- Moderating is a thankless task in Site Forum Issues
- Microsoft is working to bring WhatsApp Web support on Edge in Front Page News
- The $169 Cloudbook is Acer's idea of a Windows 10 Chromebook. in Front Page News
- Learn a forum rule: Trolls and Trolling in Site Forum Issues
- Security experts create worm that infects Mac firmware and is nearly impossible to get rid of in Front Page News
- August 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.