Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- PC hangs with black screen at startup in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Anand Lai Shimpi retires from Anandtech in Back Page News
- What is your favorite game on iOS? in Mobile Gaming
- Xbox Music update brings Live Tile support and other fixes. in Windows Phone
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.