Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Could this be the Apple Pay launch date for the UK? in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Gundam Discussion Thread in The Hobby Corner
- Microsoft Garage's experimental Surface Pro 3 dock that supports portrait orientation in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Gaming laptop suggestions needed in Hardware Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Bought new monitor - tower sometimes doesn't boot now in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.