Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Purchasing a set of used RAM modules from ebay; need advice and opinions in Hardware Hangout
- Verizon provides further context to the restriction of the Lumia 950 family on its network in Front Page News
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
- Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government in Front Page News
- Anyone have the Windows 10 November update uninstall any of your programs? in Microsoft Windows Support
- LG 65" 4K OLED Curved TV review in Front Page News
- Phonetic NSFW joke in Jokes Funny Stuff
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson: A new name and a new look for Catalyst in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.