Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Windows 10 Preview (How do you like it?) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Official Star Trek vs Star Wars in Poll Station
- Windows 8.1 App store--not opening app download page properly in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Sen. Robert Menendez indicted in Domestic Politics
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Virtual Host Builds - post yours in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- Happy Birthday Marcel! (Redmak) in Site Announcements
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.