Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Mandriva Goes Out of Business in Back Page News
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- All Americans Will Receive A Microchip Implant In 2017 in It's a Conspiracy!
- New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Front Page News
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Complete Switch to *NIX and Linux: May 17, 2015 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Connecting to VM through thin client. in Virtualization & Cloud Services
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.