Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Netflix won't renew Epix deal, losing several blockbuster movies after September in Front Page News
- Windows 10 from VLK in Microsoft Windows Support
- Photoshop brushes locked? :S in General Discussion
- The Ashley Madison hack: a confusing battle between good and evil in Front Page News
- Windows 10 doesn't like adaptive CPU clock changing in Microsoft Windows Support
- In-wall speakers in pre-wired home in Home Theatre Discussion
- August 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Racial Tension May Be Behind Assault On Driver Who Hit Boy in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.