Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- My new Haswell-E build in Hardware Hangout
- Need help with RegEx in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Solar system is inside bubble ? in Science Discussion & News
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO in Real World News
- Nintendo's amiibo figures priced at $12.99, pre-orders are live in Nintendo Console
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
- I knew it about Bing...... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Moto 360 & Fitness Trackers in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.