Ian Goldberg, leading security researcher, professor at the University of Waterloo, and co-creator of the Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) protocol recently gave a talk on protecting your IM conversations. He discusses OTR and its importance in today's world of warrant-less wire tapping. OTR users benefit from being able to have truly private conversations over IM by using encryption to obtain authentication, deniability, and perfect forward secrecy, while working within their existing IM infrastructure. With the recent NSA wiretapping activities and increasing Big Brother presence, security and OTR are increasingly important.
- Need help, can't update ipad 4, error 3014 :( in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- uTorrent hopes to regain trust after BitCoin mining controversy in Back Page News
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Share your known issues with Windows 10 for phones in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Discuss: Still on Windows 10 for phones? Share your known issues in Front Page News
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.