The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. qBittorrent is an advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt4 user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible. qBittorrent project needs help on Windows front: qBittorrent was downloaded 145 000 times last month on Sourceforge and almost 80 percent of those downloads are for Windows. qBittorrent is a truly Open Source project, and as such, anyone can and should contribute to it.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
What's new in this version:
- BUGFIX: Fix WebUI gzip compression. Closes #1037. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix compilation with qt < 4.8.0. Closes #1043. (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Updated translations.