RSSOwl is a RSS / RDF / Atom Newsreader written in Java using SWT as fast graphic library. Read News in a tabfolder, save favorites in categories, Export to PDF / RTF / HTML / OPML, Import Feeds from OPML, perform fulltext-search, use internal browser.
- Windows Vista: Thanks to the latest SWT 3.3, RSSOwl is now fully supporting Vistas look and feel.
- Windows: You can now use Mozilla as embedded browser. This requires a recent version of XULRunner being installed. Refer to the FAQ for more details.
- Windows: In order to scroll in a scrollable element (e.g. the headlines table or newstext browser) you no longer have to select the element first. Just move the mouse over the element and begin scrolling.
- Mac: All System-Tray and notification features are now supported (see the "System Tray" preferences page).
- Linux: Printing is now supported (requires GTK+ 2.10 or newer)
- Linux and Solaris: You can now pass an argument to the run.sh to have it handled by RSSOwl (e.g. let firefox run rssowl to subscribe to a feed).
- Added new translation into Romania (thanks to Claudiu Paiu)
- Updated SWT to 126.96.36.199
- Linux: The embedded browser is now able to navigate to https-secured websites and is able to render visited links.
- Fixed an issue where Tooltips on Toolitems stopped showing after a while
- Mac: It is now possible to copy / paste text in the embedded browser as well as using the mouse for drag-style operations (e.g. Google Maps)
- 1610712 WinVista: Rights Elevation needed
- 1043194 [MAC] Text selection in Browser not possible
- 1043088 [MAC] Internal Browser not highlighting Links
- 1659139 Generated HTML has incorrect title
- 1659570 "open in new tab" button should be hidden with tabs disabled
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Home Page