According to sources, the latest issue of German magazine PC Games Hardware cites hardware requirements for Unreal Tournament 2007 from a source inside Epic Games. The requirements are very staggering by today's standards, but remember the game isn't due out for many months.
- Minimum: 2.8GHz, 512MB RAM, Geforce 6 series
- For high details: 3-4GHz, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI
- Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance
- 64-bit version to be available with better textures
- Renderers: SM3.0, 2.0, possible DX8 renderer
- HDR supported
- Physics: Novodex Physics Engine
- AGEIA PhysX PPU supported
Keep in mind that these are rumored requirements and not final. What is certain is the game will fully take advantage of technologies such as dual core processors and Shader Model 3.0, which will become more widespread in the months leading up the game's release. Unreal Tournament 2007 is due out in Q2 2006 for PC and PlayStation 3.
News source: BeyondUnreal