Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Looking to get a portable USB3 hard drive, suggestions? in Hardware Hangout
- Weapons? What do you own? in The Hobby Corner
- A Newbie wants to Learn in Web Design / Programming
- SMPlayer 220.127.116.1114 in Front Page News
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- Firefox dying at just 10% marketshare in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.