Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Crackdown 3 and the Power of the Cloud in Microsoft Console Xbox
- Snapdragon 820 will offer double the power and battery life of the 810 in Front Page News
- Microsoft's Continuum docks will also feature USB, HDMI and DisplayPort in Front Page News
- XMedia Recode 188.8.131.52 in Front Page News
- Hard drive glitched, thousands of files just disappeared. Any suggestions? in Hardware Hangout
- BBC to broadcast Grand Theft Auto TV drama despite Rockstar legal action; trailer released in Front Page News
- SmartThings' new home automation hub is sleeker, smarter, and still $99 in Front Page News
- Fix : Windows 10 accessing network drives : Password incorrect in A Collection Of Essential Guides
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.