Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Finding flights (and prices) by dates only? in General Discussion
- ‘Shawshank’ Fugitive Arrested 56 Years After Escape in Real World News
- Is AntiVirus Really Necessary on Android? in Android
- Should people be afraid of doing online banking? in Internet, Network & Security
- Pray vs Doctor to save your life in Poll Station
- Roku 3 or wdtv live in Home Theatre Discussion
- Windows 10 Preview (How do you like it?) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Any guide or best practice for Sharding or Horizontal Partitioning? in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.