Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Peggle 2 coming to PS4 in Sony Console
- Nintendo Unveils New 3DS in Nintendo Console
- Nintendo's amiibo figures priced at $12.99, pre-orders are live in Nintendo Console
- Muslim woman offended by restaurant Bacon ad in Real World News
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Israel caught using Palestinian teen as human shield. in Real World Issues
- I survived a catastrophic car accident. in General Discussion
- Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.