Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Fable Legends may be free to play... in Microsoft Console
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Facebook flags aboriginal names as not 'authentic' in Back Page News
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
- Samsung S6 keynote at MWC in Android
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
- March 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.