Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Tabs in File Manager? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- The Ultimate fav drink poll in Poll Station
- WTF! Why did they disable snapping two apps/folders on both sides of screen in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.