Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- EA Access getting Need for Speed: Rivals in ‘coming weeks’ in Microsoft Console
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- How to Properly Setup a DNS Hostname with VPS Linux Server in Internet, Network & Security
- Base Filtering Engine Won't Start, Error 5: Access is Denied. [Windows 7] in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- HTC owners can now get 100GB of free cloud storage on Google Drive in Front Page News
- Netflix change UI in Xbone in Microsoft Console
- Steven Sotloff: Islamic State 'kills US hostage' in Real World Issues
- Xbox 360 'Minecraft' owners can get the game for $5 on Xbox One this Friday in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.