Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Do you own (and / or use) a device compatible with Windows SideShow? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- LG 29UM65 Review in Reviews by Members for Members
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- Another bad ad in Site & Forum Issues
- Xbox 360 press release images in General Discussion
- Waterfox 36.0.4 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.