Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- Server Admins: What does it take to be one? in General Discussion
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Crimes people commit? in General Discussion
- Mario Kart 8 Dlc Pack 2 And 200cc Mode Update Now Available To Download in Nintendo Console
- Member Pictures 2015 in Introduce Yourself
- Intel: XP users causing weak sales in Back Page News
- The Apple Watch's battery will last 2.5 years before needing to be replaced in Front Page News
- Haggis Stats in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.