Market researcher IDC announced that mobile phone sales topped one billion for all of 2006. Handset vendors shipped a record high 294.9 million mobile phones (20% more than last year) in the last quarter resulting in a year total of 1.02 billion compared to 832.8 million wireless handsets sold in 2005. Nations in emerging market areas of Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America accounted for a higher portion of mobile phone purchases last year than mature areas such as the North America, Japan and Western Europe.
- External Drives Randomly Missing in Hardware Hangout
- We're upgrading the forums to 4.1 w/e of 28 November in Site Announcements
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones in Front Page News
- Guide for Windows customization in Os Customization Tips And Tweaks
- Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government in Front Page News
- Anyone have the Windows 10 November update uninstall any of your programs? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Help with The Elder Scrolls Online frame rate drop in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.