Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 4.08:
- The Excel clipboard problem "The picture is too large and will be truncated." has been fixed.
- Sandboxie is now built under Visual Studio 2010 and uses newer versions of the Microsoft libraries. Two new security features have been enabled for all Sandboxie binaries: DEP and ASLR.
- Fixed the following startup errors on the Dell Venue and other Win 8.1 tablets. SBIE2336 Error in GUI server: 11 / C0000021?. SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process Start.exe 88/0?
- Fixed for Windows 8.1 update KB2919355.
- Fixed several additional C0000142 (STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED) bugs. These could also show up as "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize" errors and could also sometimes cause the sandboxed application to crash on start.
- Incompatibility with FFX 27 and Avast that caused FFX to run with no visible windows.
- Chrome crash when reporting an issue under Tools->Report an issue...
- Fixed a problem with DFS drives (Distributed File System)
- The "InjectDll" setting would sometimes cause DLL initialization to fail with the message "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize".