Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus was the first DTP application on the planet to directly support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by almost a year. Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus also has unexpected touches such as: useful vector drawing tools, SVG import/export and support for OpenType Fonts. The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor - sometimes a challenging problem with other page layout programs. There is an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages and more are coming in the future.
- 12 Things you can do with an Egg in General Discussion
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- multiple website on wamp in Web Design / Programming
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Anticipating Windows 10 RTM - would It Be Build 10400 or Build 10800? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.