Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus was the first DTP application on the planet to directly support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by almost a year. Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus also has unexpected touches such as: useful vector drawing tools, SVG import/export and support for OpenType Fonts. The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor - sometimes a challenging problem with other page layout programs. There is an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages and more are coming in the future.
- Inquiry on PCB prototype and PCB manufacturer? in Hardware Hangout
- Voters to Obama: Yes, We Are at War with Radical Islam in Domestic Politics
- Turkish F-16 shoots down Russian fighter jet near Syria border in Real World Issues
- Power Notifier : Get an email alert when your house loses Electricity in Software Created By Our Members
- 'Severe blow': Al Qaeda suicide bomber takes out leadership of key ISIS brigade in Real World Issues
- After Xbox One drops to $299 for Black Friday, Sony follows with PS4 bundle at same price in Front Page News
- Passed 70-347! in General Discussion
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November Update media; explains why it was pulled [Update] in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.