Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus was the first DTP application on the planet to directly support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by almost a year. Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus also has unexpected touches such as: useful vector drawing tools, SVG import/export and support for OpenType Fonts. The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor - sometimes a challenging problem with other page layout programs. There is an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages and more are coming in the future.
- Lenovo's Ideacentre AIO 700 is a Windows 10 all-in-one beast with Windows Hello support in Front Page News
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Verizon ditches its hideous old logo, plays it safe with new one in Front Page News
- Racial Tension May Be Behind Assault On Driver Who Hit Boy in Real World Issues
- Help ! Lost USB reader and camera support, still have USB stick and peripherals working in Microsoft Windows Support
- USB Drive Performance in Microsoft Console Xbox
- Amazon expands 'Dash Button' program and offers $5 credit for Prime members in Front Page News
- Crackdown 3 and the Power of the Cloud in Microsoft Console Xbox
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.