Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus was the first DTP application on the planet to directly support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by almost a year. Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus also has unexpected touches such as: useful vector drawing tools, SVG import/export and support for OpenType Fonts. The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor - sometimes a challenging problem with other page layout programs. There is an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages and more are coming in the future.
- Is OnePlus One being Purposefully Ironic? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank lan in Real World Issues
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- Journalistic Integrity in the gaming press is shot in It's a Conspiracy!
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.