Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus was the first DTP application on the planet to directly support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by almost a year. Other features include PDF Import, EPS import/export, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus also has unexpected touches such as: useful vector drawing tools, SVG import/export and support for OpenType Fonts. The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents can be recovered with a simple text editor - sometimes a challenging problem with other page layout programs. There is an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages and more are coming in the future.
- Microsoft now offers "Complete" warranty plans for HoloLens, Surface Book, and more in Front Page News
- Russian Soldiers to Join Fight in Syria in Real World News
- The Control Panel may soon disappear in future Windows 10 builds in Front Page News
- Cheapest way to get a 10Gb (e?) link between 2 machines. in Internet Network Security
- Need Help to Choose Reliable Windows Host in Internet Network Security
- Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead in Real World Issues
- Microsoft: Handing over cross-border data could cause international discord between US and EU in Front Page News
- Battlefield Hardline to be free next week via EA Access in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.