The highly anticipated expansion to the hit PC Game, Sins of a Solar Empire, has begun it's beta phase on Tuesday. This micro-expansion is available to users who ordered via Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com). You do need to have Sins of a Solar Empire v1.12 in order to play the beta.
Highlights of this beta:
- Starbases: Construct powerful bases within any gravity well to help fortify your empire and project your power across the stars. Each race's base is unique and upgradable with a number of abilities via research.
- Defense Tech Tree: Improve your defenses with the new Defense tech tree. Here is where you'll learn how to build starbases and upgrade them, in addition to improving your existing defense technologies.
- Upgraded Defense Structures: Improve your defense turrets and hangar bays with new abilities and better firepower!
- Mine Fields: Each race can now build (with the appropriate tech) mine fields within their gravity wells (or those of others). These powerful devices can lay waste to an incoming enemy fleet if positioned properly.
- New/Updated Frigates/Cruisers: New and updated frigates and cruisers will give you the power to lay mines, establish starbases or bring them down with powerful attacks.
- Improved AI: The AI has been improved substantially to be more deadly than ever before and now uses fleet tactics better.
- Improved Graphics: New stellar backgrounds, particle fx, and textures make Sins look better than ever.
- and much more.
Link: Sins of a Solar Empire website