SmoothTranscode is a simple to use multimedia transcoder, allowing you to convert video and audio files from one format to another. It is powered by FFmpeg, which provides high quality encoding of many popular formats, as well as video post processing.
This is an early development release, which means many features may not be available yet or may not work as intended, although we do consider the software to be stable enough for general use.
What's new in SmoothTranscode 0.6 Beta:
- [NEW] Post processing options (deinterlacing, denoise, scaling)
- [NEW] Framerate and bitrate details during conversion
- [NEW] Added interlaced video output option
- [NEW] Advanced options for VP8
- [NEW] Added 2 pass encoding
- [NEW] Displays information about the input file
- [FIXED] Encodes fail when set to CBR, or VBR with a minimum bitrate specified
- [FIXED] Encodes fail when H.264 Advanced Options are set
- [FIXED] Advanced Options button no longer enables itself when it shouldn’t be