SVP allows you to watch any video on your PC file with frame interpolation (like you can watch it on high-end TVs and projectors). It increases frame rate by generating intermediate animation frames between existing ones to produce very smooth, fluid and clear motion. The technology is well-known for a while ("TrimensionDNM", "Motion Plus", "Motionflow" and others), but now it's available for free to PC users with simple GUI and just a couple of mouse clicks.
SVP provides GPU acceleration and it's possible to watch FullHD 1080p-video recalculated to 60Hz in real-time with mid-range CPU and almost any GPU hardware. SVP actually is not a video player itself, but it enables almost any player to play smooth video.
What's new in this version:
- Added black borders auto detection and cropping;
- Quality improvement - intermediate frames are calculated in linear light;
- Improved 3D stereo formats detection using tags in file names;
- Added option to drop every other frame;
- SVP can be installed in limited accounts;
- Lots of small bugs fixed;
- Deleted components: Matroska Haali splitter, external LAV Filters (replaced with LAV Filters bundled in MPC-HC);
- Updated components: MPC-HC 1.7.3 with internal LAV Filters, ffdShow rev.4530, ReClock 18.104.22.168, madVR 0.87.9, SVPtube 1.1.5.