SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed incorrect row highlighting for unique/non-unique filters.
- Added remembering custom LDAP URL for importing computers from AD.
- Excluded x.x.x.0 address from being treated as a broadcast address.
- Excluded disabled IP ranges when scanning previously undiscovered computers.
- Rescanning existing entries and previously undiscovered items made cancellable.
- Fixed painting custom column text colour in selected lines for better readability.
- Made launching third-party apps relative to netscan's location, not the current directory.
- Added displaying byte/kilobyte/megabyte values received from WMI in a readable form.
- Added folding repetitions for multiple values in a column (this can be turned off if it's needed)
- Added updating router MAC address cache before rescanning existing or discovering new devices.
- Added import/export of friendly names and mixed friendly name mappings (IP or MAC or host name).
- Fixed retaining filter to use the latest filtering condition and saving value for non-value filters.