At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- OS X Update 10.10.4 in Software Updates
- London:Killer beheads Grandma sentenced to Broadmoor Prison in Real World News
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Build 10158 Why can't I enable Remote Desktop Access? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Dying Light dev takes the ******* out of Destiny's Red Bull promo in Gamers' Hangout
- Project Cars for WII U axed in Nintendo Console
- Hello, everyone in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.