At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones in Front Page News
- Adobe lightroom tile accent colour.... RED? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Discuss: As its general release approaches, what do you think of Windows 10 Mobile? in Front Page News
- Are we Linux users arrogant about security? in Linux Unix Support
- Bought a Lumia 640... in Tablet Media Devices Smartphones
- Clean install 10565 login delay in Microsoft Insider Previews
- Win 10 Slow Login : SOLVED ! in Microsoft Insider Previews
- Lizard Squad claims reponsibility for PlayStation Network outage in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.