At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Haggis Stats in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Snapchat's lawyers threaten existence of '6discover' app on Windows Phone in Front Page News
- Forum's signature keeps my old name in Site & Forum Issues
- Cannot upgrade to a newer build. Help please in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- How to recover renamed .dbx files? in Software Discussion & Support
- Need some suggestions on a dead card in Hardware Hangout
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.