At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- VCP exam? in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- EU to David Cameron: Leave porn alone! in Front Page News
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
- Marco Rubio Announces 2016 Presidential Bid in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.