At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Hands on video of iPhone 6 assembled parts.. in iPhone/iOS
- Windows Store no longer working in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Europe’s Comet-hunting Rosetta Probe Reaches “Scientific Disneyland” in Science Discussion & News
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 7 in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- SpaceX reusable launcher (Grasshopper) thread 2 in Science Discussion & News
- FBI produces 'news' radio program... in Domestic Politics
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.