At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- Firefox dying at just 10% marketshare in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Temporary SSD in Hardware Hangout
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- REDEMPTION! USA Defeats Japan in Womens' World Cup Final 5-2 in The Sporting Arena
- Roku 3 or wdtv live in Home Theatre Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.