At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Surface Pro 4 excites but leaves room for improvement in Front Page News
- Mp3tag 2.72 in Front Page News
- It's good, but the iPhone 6s Plus no longer represents the best in a changing smartphone market in Front Page News
- Microsoft's 'Display Dock' for the Lumia 950 / 950 XL will arrive at $99 in Front Page News
- Twitter is looking into company-wide layoffs next week in Front Page News
- Giveaway: OLALA C2 6000mAh portable battery pack in Front Page News
- Are Asus desktops reliable? in Hardware Hangout
- Phil Spencer is not sure if the Xbox One can catch the PS4 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.