At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Valve Is Not Psyched It Got An 'F' In Customer Service in Computer Gaming
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10: Fast or Faster? Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- straight talk unlimted? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Installing directx 9 on Windows 8? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.