At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Germanwings/Lufthansa A320 down in France in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- 3dmark API Performance Test in Computer Gaming
- Why have they split Control Panel and Settings? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Northrop Balks at Agency’s Request To Interview JWST Workers in Science Discussion & News
- Will Intel 4600 graphics drive a 27 inch 2650x1440 Display? in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.