At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- How much would you pay for Microsoft Hololens? in Poll Station
- The Apple Watch takes longer to boot than an iPhone in Front Page News
- Shops on fire, do you take stuff or run? in Poll Station
- Pray vs Doctor to save your life in Poll Station
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- Microsoft talks about the new Maps app for WIndows 10 for phones in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.