At a New York press conference, Sony announced its plans to offer a $599 high definition player, specifically the forthcoming BDP-S300 Blu-ray player. The competing HD DVD players are currently even cheaper, but Sony is definitely making an effort if you consider the $1,000 price tag of Sony's current BDP-S1. Music lovers will be happy to know that the BDP-300 can play CDs as well. For non-gaming consumers who do not want a $499/$599 PlayStation 3, Blu-ray has just become far more affordable. This is good news for HD DVD lovers as well; if you ask me, a price battle is exactly what the high definition war needs.
- Juan Pablo Montoya wins 2015 Indianapolis 500 for Penske in The Sporting Arena
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Windows Update "CMCC Composite ADB Interface" in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
- News From the Old Country in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Firefox beats Chrome as fastest browser in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Surface Pro 3 May Firmware in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.