A new patch for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is now available to upgrade the European, French Canadian, and Australian editions of the stealthy third-person shooter sequel by Ubi Soft Montreal to version 1.01, in sync with the recent US update. As before, this release addresses several game crashes, corrects various networking issues, fixes a couple of profile bugs, and implements other improvements.
- Fixed network disconnections which occurred on certain hardware configurations
- Joining a LAN game would sometime not work properly on certain hardware
- Improved game recovery after a disconnection.
- Keys would be mixed-up in the chat box when quitting to lobby
- Rare random crashes during loading in Coop missions
- Incorrect player name shown in the pause menu and/or chat history (COOP, LAN and online)
- Crash related with mouse wheel in interaction menu
- Crash when right-clicking a player already in your friend list
- Invalid map name in the session description field
- Bug preventing profiles with spaces to reload after a new map
- Bug that loaded default profile after playing Coop
- Fixed locking in the connection process if a user activated the Online Play CD-Key and disconnected right after
- Minor fixes in menus
News source: 3D Gamers