Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behavior to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer. SpyBot-S&D allows you to exclude selected cookies, programs or extensions from being reported, allowing you to prevent false positive messages for items that you dont want to be alerted of every time. It can even scan your download directory for files that have been downloaded, but not yet installed, allowing you to detect unwanted programs before you even install them. SpyBot produces a detailed and easy to understand report before it deletes any files and allows you to deselect any item that you do not want to be processed. In addition, a recovery feature allows you to restore your settings if needed.
- Google said to have abandoned secret location tracking project in Front Page News
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
- Watch the opening cinematic for 'Halo 5: Guardians' in Front Page News
- Everytime I open an Explorer window, it moves to a different place in Microsoft Windows Support
- How would I sign a firefox addon that a developer no longer has up on the addon page but I saved it ? in Web Browser Discussion Support
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall Of Sound
- Kanye West is a tool in Real World News
- Definitive Best *Free* Antivirus 2015 in Software Discussion Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.