Microsoft announced a few hours ago that it would soon be opening pre-orders for its Surface Book in several new markets around the world, including some in Europe. Now, the time has come, and the pre-order book has opened on the Microsoft Store in France and Germany.
However, just four models of the Surface Book - which Microsoft calls 'the ultimate laptop' - are available in these markets, versus the six available in the US (and five in Canada). Pricing in France and Germany is as follows:
- 128GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM = €1,649
- 256GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM = not available
- 256GB / Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM + discrete GPU = €2,069
- 256GB / Intel Core i7 / 8GB RAM + dGPU = €2,319
- 512GB / Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM + dGPU = €2,919
- 1TB / Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM + dGPU = not available
While pre-orders are now open in these markets, buyers face a wait of over six weeks for the flagship Windows 10 devices to arrive - shipments aren't scheduled to begin until February 18.