As part of Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for August 2014, the company released a number of firmware updates for its range of Surface devices. The devices that saw updates arrive were the Surface RT, Surface Pro and the newly released Surface Pro 3. There were no updates released for either the Surface 2 or the Surface Pro 2 this month.
The details for each update are below:
- Surface RT UEFI (v3.31.500) enhances overall system stability.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v14.69.24054.176) improves network connection stability and enables functionality on WiFi networks using a hidden SSID.
Surface Pro 3:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v126.96.36.199) improved support for Surface Power Cover.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v188.8.131.52) improved support for Surface Power Cover and enhances overall system stability.
- Microsoft LifeCam Front (v5.20.1034.0) significantly improves power consumption during video chat such as Skype, supports Flash camera streaming in Internet Explorer, and improves overall functionality and stability.
- Surface Ethernet Adapter (v8.14.0704.2014) improved support for the gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter.
If you haven't done so already, you can manually have Windows Update check to see if the downloads are available on your device by searching 'Windows Update' and walking through the on-screen settings.