Symantec has released its May 2007 report entitled The State of Spam for the month of April. The 11-page monthly report includes news and data from the company's ongoing monitoring of vast amounts of e-mail. Here is the first part of the report:
- Image spam percentages in April averaged at 27% compared with 37% for the month of
March. Symantec will continue to monitor this trend to determine if this is a temporary blip
or part of a developing trend. Further trend analysis will be included in Symantec's next
State of Spam report.
- Spam levels remained consistent for the month of April at the SMTP layer and remained on
average around 65%.
- The development of several interesting spam techniques, including:
- Company character assassination spam emerges
- Images upload hosting solutions used in stock spam attack
- 419 spam takes on a new twist
- Image spam variations
View: May Spam Report