This week Stephen Speicher and his engadget column The Clicker discusses the five reasons why he believes Blu-Ray will win the battle against HD-DVD. Some of the major points made are format security, computer manufacturer support, and overall capacity. Speicher argues that Blu-Ray has features that will make disc copying difficult, a large capacity already approaching the theoretical limits of HD-DVD, and support from major PC makers Dell and HP - all of which give it the edge over its rival.
- Lumia 950: Hands-on and first impressions of Microsoft's newest flagship in Front Page News
- PC turning off when loading/playing demanding games in Hardware Hangout
- Turkish F-16 shoots down Russian fighter jet near Syria border in Real World Issues
- Pay What You Want for this Learn to Code Bundle, valued at $1,539 in Front Page News
- You may one day be able to run Win32 apps on your Continuum-powered phone in Front Page News
- Voters to Obama: Yes, We Are at War with Radical Islam in Domestic Politics
- A new render of Nokia's alleged C1 smartphone surface in Front Page News
- Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2015 in Microsoft Console Xbox
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.