This week Stephen Speicher and his engadget column The Clicker discusses the five reasons why he believes Blu-Ray will win the battle against HD-DVD. Some of the major points made are format security, computer manufacturer support, and overall capacity. Speicher argues that Blu-Ray has features that will make disc copying difficult, a large capacity already approaching the theoretical limits of HD-DVD, and support from major PC makers Dell and HP - all of which give it the edge over its rival.
- You'll soon be able to summon Microsoft's digital assistant with the $23 'Cortana Button' in front page news
- August 2015 Desktops in general discussion
- Xbox head confirms 'parity clause' on Xbox One is dead in front page news
- Sony posts teaser for new Xperia smartphone launch on August 3 in front page news
- GNU / Linux August 2015 Desktops in linux unix discussion support
- Windows 10 Tip: Cleaning up the taskbar, hiding the search bar and Task View in front page news
- Creator of original Windows 95 Start menu unimpressed by Windows 10 version in front page news
- Help required in choosing system to use as media server 24/7 in hardware hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.