As promised, Electronic Arts has issued new patches for The Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle-Earth, bringing the English and all European editions (sans the French one) of their fantasy 3D real-time strategy game to version 1.02. This update adds a new Garrison feature, networking improvements, a large number of balance tweaks, some world builder corrections, and a sizable number of other bug fixes.
- Gandalf's Istari Light, as either Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White, no longer kills the Mordor Witchking with one attack.
- Pikemen Heavy Armor upgrade gives less protection against attacks by soldier-class units. This should make infantry units a viable counter to them.
- Nazgul are slightly more resistant to archers and fire.
- Saruman's Fireball does more damage to hero units.
- Saruman now gains Leadership as a default ability.
- Nazgul normal speed increased slightly.
- Nazgul swoop speed increased significantly.
News source: 3D Gamers