In response to wide criticism that the company's latest portable device is limited to Apple's software, Steve Jobs today announced a Software Development Kit for the iPhone and the iPod touch. However, developers and endusers shouldn't get excited just yet. Third party applications will only begin to leak out after February of next year. "It will take until February to release an SDK because we're trying to do two diametrically opposed things at once—provide an advanced and open platform to developers while at the same time protect iPhone users from viruses, malware, privacy attacks, etc.," said Jobs. I guess no one told Jobs about the vulnerabilities already discovered for the iPhone, SDK or not. Jokes aside though, are you happy with Apple's move?
- Nick H. moved to Supervisor in Site Announcements
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Is There Chrome Bookmarks Bar Add-On? in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- will Neowin update forum design? in General Discussion
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Perfect dark mode for gnome shell 3.16 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.