Earlier today Ubisoft announced that a multplayer beta for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will run on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 from April 19th.
According to the company the beta can be accessed in a number of different ways:
- Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners will be able to access the beta directly through the game.
- If you pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Solder on Xbox 360 from GameStop you will receive a Xbox 360 beta key
- PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be able to get hold of PlayStation 3 beta key
During the multiplayer beta you will be able to play in online games that contain up to twelve players. During the game you can choose from three different classes, Rifleman, Engineer and Scout.
The beta will also have two different game modes, Conflict and Saboteur (which will begin later in April):
- Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
- Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
- Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).
At the same time Ubisoft announced that they would launch a “Ghost Recon Network” free companion service that is intended to support all future Ghost Recon titles. The service will be accessible from consoles, smartphones, tablets and via a web browser at any time.
The Ghost Recon Network site (www.ghostrecon.com/network) and iOS & Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22nd. Players in the multiplayer beta will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get their hands on the Android mobile app – both of which are in beta stage.
The application will allow players to customize and share-in game weapons, track player histories and friends' in-game statuses and received rewards such as weapons and skins.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is set to be released on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 on May 22, 2012 in North America. It will be also available on PC on June 12, 2012.