UltraSearch finds files and folders on local NTFS drives and provides the results in just a few seconds. UltraSearch does not maintain an index which is stored on your harddisk, but achieves its speed by working directly on the Master File Table (MFT) of the NTFS partitions. UltraSearch even identifies NTFS hardlinks.
Simply enter a file name or a pattern like *.exe and see the first results while you are still typing. In addition, UltraSearch supports regular expressions. Additional information like file size and file dates (last changes, last access and file creation) will be shown for all listed files. Naturally, the Explorer context menu is available inside UltraSearch. UltraSearch enables you to exclude folders, files or file types from searches via an exclude filter. The search results can be sorted according to different criteria, printed or exported as text, RTF, HTML, CSV, and Excel file. The 100 recently used search patterns can be saved and selected from a dropdown list. UltraSearch can suggest patterns or autocomplete manually entered patterns automatically. UltraSearch can be started from the context menu of your Windows Explorer - starting a search within the selected directory could not be easier. Use UltraSearch wherever you like thanks to the portable ZIP version.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed 'Duplicates are not allowed' error on UltraSearch startup.
- Fixed access violations during search.
- Fixed 'Cannot focus disabled or invisible window' error when opening the exclude filter.
- When UltraSearch was started via the context menu, an additional blank was added to the search pattern erroneously. This is no longer the case.
- The advert banner is no longer displayed, if TreeSize Professional or Personal is installed.
- The settings of the portable version are now saved correctly.
- Numerous other bugfixes have been implemented