It looks like my company isn't the only one severely shying away from Microsoft's latest offerings of operating systems, web browsers, and office suites. According to memos seen by InformationWeek, the U.S. DOT has put the kibosh on tens of thousands of of their federal workers upgrading to Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and/or Office 2007. DOT CIO, Daniel Mintz, says he has placed "an indefinite moratorium" on the upgrades as "there appears to be no compelling technical or business case for upgrading to these new Microsoft software products. Furthermore, there appears to be specific reasons not to upgrade." He must have been talking to our CIO.
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Windows Phone 10 Concept (In Progress) in Microsoft Beta
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
- Just got a Surface Pro 3. Tips & Suggestions? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Can't install Windows 8.1 on SSD in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.