It looks like my company isn't the only one severely shying away from Microsoft's latest offerings of operating systems, web browsers, and office suites. According to memos seen by InformationWeek, the U.S. DOT has put the kibosh on tens of thousands of of their federal workers upgrading to Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and/or Office 2007. DOT CIO, Daniel Mintz, says he has placed "an indefinite moratorium" on the upgrades as "there appears to be no compelling technical or business case for upgrading to these new Microsoft software products. Furthermore, there appears to be specific reasons not to upgrade." He must have been talking to our CIO.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Math problem from 9th grade that's stuck on my mind ... in General Discussion
- Meet the browser: Chrome Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Destiny in Gamers' Hangout
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Meet the browser: Microsoft Edge Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.