It looks like my company isn't the only one severely shying away from Microsoft's latest offerings of operating systems, web browsers, and office suites. According to memos seen by InformationWeek, the U.S. DOT has put the kibosh on tens of thousands of of their federal workers upgrading to Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and/or Office 2007. DOT CIO, Daniel Mintz, says he has placed "an indefinite moratorium" on the upgrades as "there appears to be no compelling technical or business case for upgrading to these new Microsoft software products. Furthermore, there appears to be specific reasons not to upgrade." He must have been talking to our CIO.
- Pixar giving away RenderMan CGI software for free in Software Discussion & Support
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- Has anyone died from a selfie stick? in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Can't open ACSM eBook files on Windows 8.1 tablet in Software Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Falcon 9: TurkmenSat 1 (commsat) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.