It looks like my company isn't the only one severely shying away from Microsoft's latest offerings of operating systems, web browsers, and office suites. According to memos seen by InformationWeek, the U.S. DOT has put the kibosh on tens of thousands of of their federal workers upgrading to Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and/or Office 2007. DOT CIO, Daniel Mintz, says he has placed "an indefinite moratorium" on the upgrades as "there appears to be no compelling technical or business case for upgrading to these new Microsoft software products. Furthermore, there appears to be specific reasons not to upgrade." He must have been talking to our CIO.
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Don't be racist ... be like Mario! in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Microsoft's giving away iPhones to promote Cortana's Chinese sister, XiaoIce in Front Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- 15% boost from DX12? in Microsoft Console
- Cities: Skylines in Computer Gaming
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.