It has recently been discovered that since 1996 the United States government had the Social Security numbers of up to 150,000 recipients of Agriculture Department grants on the Web – a problem which was only noticed and fixed (the numbers were taken down) on April 13, 2007. Free credit monitoring is being offered to those affected. The data from 32 other agencies was taken down April 17 as a precaution, Agriculture spokeswoman Terri Teuber said: "There is no evidence that this information has been misused. However, due to the potential that this information was downloaded prior to being removed, USDA will provide the additional monitoring service."
- What do you use bookmarks for? in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Universal Apps -- How Do They Work? in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Desktop & ESXi Build Review in Hardware Hangout
- neowin deals not following email settings in Site & Forum Issues
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- WPS Office Personal Edition 22.214.171.12450 in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.