It has recently been discovered that since 1996 the United States government had the Social Security numbers of up to 150,000 recipients of Agriculture Department grants on the Web – a problem which was only noticed and fixed (the numbers were taken down) on April 13, 2007. Free credit monitoring is being offered to those affected. The data from 32 other agencies was taken down April 17 as a precaution, Agriculture spokeswoman Terri Teuber said: "There is no evidence that this information has been misused. However, due to the potential that this information was downloaded prior to being removed, USDA will provide the additional monitoring service."
- Leaked renders of HTC One M9 Plus show Duo Camera and fingerprint scanner in Front Page News
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- TechSpot: The 10 best things about building a gaming PC in Front Page News
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- How do i remove the text on the windows borders? in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.