Since Windows XP was released, there are countless 3rd-party visual styles released by many skinners in order to improve user’s experiences and eye candy. UXTheme Multi Patcher allows you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/VISTA, 7/8/8.1 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library).
To simply patch the UXTheme.dll file, run the program, it will determine your operating system, then patch the appropriate file and reboot your PC.
To un-patch the UXTheme.dll file, run the program again, and it will un-patch the .dll and then reboot your PC.
This program will patch your theme engine files so you can use any 3rd party visual style on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP x86 Editions
- Windows XP x64 Editions
- Windows Server 2003 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows Vista x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows Server 2008 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows 7 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows 8 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows Server 2012 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows 8.1 x86 and x64 Editions
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x86 and x64 Editions
What's new in this version:
- Added startup launcher to handle glass configuration
- Added verifying that theme engine works properly on startup
- Changed applying permissions program to cacls instead of icacls
- Fixed theme changing to Classic occasionally on some systems
- Improved service configuration for better compatibility with Windows 7/8/8.1