It would appear that a hacker's proclamation (and proof via screenshots) that he had gained access to all of Valve's internal files has been uncovered as false. In reality, he reportedly hacked a third-party site that deals with Valve's Cyber CafÃ© billing program, which nearly eliminates the fear Valve's customers had about their private information finding its way into unwanted hands. Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi told TG Daily, "The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber CafÃ© program. This Cyber CafÃ© billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter."
- Need for Speed reboot game will require an online connection in Gamers' Hangout
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- Art of Spamming in General Discussion
- Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in Software Discussion & Support
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- CPU cooler in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.