It would appear that a hacker's proclamation (and proof via screenshots) that he had gained access to all of Valve's internal files has been uncovered as false. In reality, he reportedly hacked a third-party site that deals with Valve's Cyber CafÃ© billing program, which nearly eliminates the fear Valve's customers had about their private information finding its way into unwanted hands. Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi told TG Daily, "The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber CafÃ© program. This Cyber CafÃ© billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter."
- My current build... need reviews and suggestions in Hardware Hangout
- Dell XPS 13 vs Lenovo Carbon X1 in Hardware Hangout
- Chinese manufacturers have already started selling cases, screen protectors for the Galaxy S6 in Front Page News
- Lg g2 does it fit in your pocket? in Android
- Hundreds attend funeral of Copenhagen gunman in Real World News
- How many Neowinians have the OnePlus One and how has the experience been? in Android
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide in Real World News
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.