It would appear that a hacker's proclamation (and proof via screenshots) that he had gained access to all of Valve's internal files has been uncovered as false. In reality, he reportedly hacked a third-party site that deals with Valve's Cyber CafÃ© billing program, which nearly eliminates the fear Valve's customers had about their private information finding its way into unwanted hands. Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi told TG Daily, "The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber CafÃ© program. This Cyber CafÃ© billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter."
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Germanwings/Lufthansa A320 down in France in Real World News
- Amanda Knox is CLEARED of murdering Meredith Kercher in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- XBOX One + Plex = Amazing Home Theater System! in Home Theatre Discussion
- PSA: Humble Store 2K Sale Includes Free Spec Ops: The Line in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.