It would appear that a hacker's proclamation (and proof via screenshots) that he had gained access to all of Valve's internal files has been uncovered as false. In reality, he reportedly hacked a third-party site that deals with Valve's Cyber CafÃ© billing program, which nearly eliminates the fear Valve's customers had about their private information finding its way into unwanted hands. Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi told TG Daily, "The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber CafÃ© program. This Cyber CafÃ© billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter."
- Buy Passports,Driver's License,ID Cards,Resident Permits in General Discussion
- Need help with RegEx in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- I knew it about Bing...... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Questions about cold approaching girls.... in General Discussion
- MySQL Statement Help in Web Design / Programming
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Samsung attacks iPad Air with new ad, but gloating may be short lived in Front Page News
- What do you drive? in The Neobahn
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.