It would appear that a hacker's proclamation (and proof via screenshots) that he had gained access to all of Valve's internal files has been uncovered as false. In reality, he reportedly hacked a third-party site that deals with Valve's Cyber CafÃ© billing program, which nearly eliminates the fear Valve's customers had about their private information finding its way into unwanted hands. Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi told TG Daily, "The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber CafÃ© program. This Cyber CafÃ© billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter."
- Haggis Stats in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Forum's signature keeps my old name in Site & Forum Issues
- Cannot upgrade to a newer build. Help please in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- How to recover renamed .dbx files? in Software Discussion & Support
- Need some suggestions on a dead card in Hardware Hangout
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- OnePlus sends out mysterious invite for 20th April in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.