CPU-maker Via Technologies has unveiled its 500MHz Eden CPU which it claims is the most power-efficient x86 processor yet produced. The new chip, joining Via's ultra-low voltage processor family designed primarily for ultra-mobile applications, draws only a single watt of power when in use, and just 0.1 watt when idle. Even better is that the CPU does not require a fan, due to its low power consumption. Manufactured with a 90nm process, the CPU sits on an ultra compact 21mm x 21mm NanoBGA2 package and features a 128KB L2 cache. Richard Brown, vice president of corporate marketing at Via, claimed that Eden's design "defines our 'small is beautiful' strategy" and "provides a way for embedded developers to push the market forward". Eden, along with several customer boards, will be showcased at the Embedded System Conference Taiwan, held on 23-24 August 2007 in Taipei.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Need Help - Gaming PC: Should I upgrade or wait? in Hardware Hangout
- Test Pilot Admits the F-35 Can’t Dogfight in Domestic Politics
- [rumour] Windows 10 $2 upgrade amnesty for pirates in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 will share your Wi-Fi key with your friends' friends in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows Insider Survey in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Bristol Palin: I'm pregnant (again) in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.