CPU-maker Via Technologies has unveiled its 500MHz Eden CPU which it claims is the most power-efficient x86 processor yet produced. The new chip, joining Via's ultra-low voltage processor family designed primarily for ultra-mobile applications, draws only a single watt of power when in use, and just 0.1 watt when idle. Even better is that the CPU does not require a fan, due to its low power consumption. Manufactured with a 90nm process, the CPU sits on an ultra compact 21mm x 21mm NanoBGA2 package and features a 128KB L2 cache. Richard Brown, vice president of corporate marketing at Via, claimed that Eden's design "defines our 'small is beautiful' strategy" and "provides a way for embedded developers to push the market forward". Eden, along with several customer boards, will be showcased at the Embedded System Conference Taiwan, held on 23-24 August 2007 in Taipei.
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- You Are More Than 7 Times As Likely To Be Killed By A Right-Wing Extremist Than By Muslim Terrorists in Real World Issues
- Nexus 6P - A personal review in Front Page News
- Editorial: It's time to stop making excuses for Microsoft's mobile efforts in Front Page News
- Stunning mod project brings 4K textures and overhauled gameplay to Grand Theft Auto V in Front Page News
- Looking for ICS airsoft G36 rifles at discount rate in The Hobby Corner
- Adobe renames Flash to Adobe Animate, embracing HTML 5 in Front Page News
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.