CPU-maker Via Technologies has unveiled its 500MHz Eden CPU which it claims is the most power-efficient x86 processor yet produced. The new chip, joining Via's ultra-low voltage processor family designed primarily for ultra-mobile applications, draws only a single watt of power when in use, and just 0.1 watt when idle. Even better is that the CPU does not require a fan, due to its low power consumption. Manufactured with a 90nm process, the CPU sits on an ultra compact 21mm x 21mm NanoBGA2 package and features a 128KB L2 cache. Richard Brown, vice president of corporate marketing at Via, claimed that Eden's design "defines our 'small is beautiful' strategy" and "provides a way for embedded developers to push the market forward". Eden, along with several customer boards, will be showcased at the Embedded System Conference Taiwan, held on 23-24 August 2007 in Taipei.
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in web browser discussion support
- Creator of original Windows 95 Start menu unimpressed by Windows 10 version in front page news
- Windows 10 Privacy - Keylogger in microsoft windows discussion support
- Man parks plane in driveway in real world news
- Best Mac Anti-Virus Thread in apple mac discussion support
- [W10] Anyone else getting a huge calculator when they start a second instance of it? in microsoft windows discussion support
- [W10] BIG activation problem in microsoft windows discussion support
- Best Buy will help you upgrade to Windows 10...but its help doesn't come free in front page news
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.