CPU-maker Via Technologies has unveiled its 500MHz Eden CPU which it claims is the most power-efficient x86 processor yet produced. The new chip, joining Via's ultra-low voltage processor family designed primarily for ultra-mobile applications, draws only a single watt of power when in use, and just 0.1 watt when idle. Even better is that the CPU does not require a fan, due to its low power consumption. Manufactured with a 90nm process, the CPU sits on an ultra compact 21mm x 21mm NanoBGA2 package and features a 128KB L2 cache. Richard Brown, vice president of corporate marketing at Via, claimed that Eden's design "defines our 'small is beautiful' strategy" and "provides a way for embedded developers to push the market forward". Eden, along with several customer boards, will be showcased at the Embedded System Conference Taiwan, held on 23-24 August 2007 in Taipei.
- Visual Basic programing(excel) help needed in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- What is a good resource for keeping me updated on the latest advancement in Web? in Web Design / Programming
- This ain't yo mama's surge protector in General Discussion
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta
- New ID@Xbox Games Storm GDC in Microsoft Console
- Project Morpheus 4 Hour Event at GDC in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.