Thousands of gamers are in Paris over the next four days for the Electronic Sports World Cup grand final. More than 750 players are competing for $200,000 (Â£99,200) in prize money, with about 5,000 spectators expected. The games being played include CounterStrike, Quake 4, Warcraft 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4. There is also a women-only CounterStrike tournament. David Heuze, communications manager for the event, said: "The best video game players in the world are here." Mr Heuze said the atmosphere during games was similar to a football match. "It's crazy. There is a lot of noise and cheering.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide in Real World News
- Better compliance with DNT in Site & Forum Issues
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
- Do you use your resources? in Web Design / Programming
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Galaxy S6 Achieves Monstrously High Benchmark Scores, Leaves HTC One M9 In The Dust in Android
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.