Thousands of gamers are in Paris over the next four days for the Electronic Sports World Cup grand final. More than 750 players are competing for $200,000 (Â£99,200) in prize money, with about 5,000 spectators expected. The games being played include CounterStrike, Quake 4, Warcraft 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4. There is also a women-only CounterStrike tournament. David Heuze, communications manager for the event, said: "The best video game players in the world are here." Mr Heuze said the atmosphere during games was similar to a football match. "It's crazy. There is a lot of noise and cheering.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Two High School Seniors Could Get Prison Time For An Alarm Clock Prank in Real World News
- High school seniors sacrifice class trip to donate to principal's cancer care in Real World News
- Blank Spam Messages in Internet, Network & Security
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- I need some help for a friend please. in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.