Thousands of gamers are in Paris over the next four days for the Electronic Sports World Cup grand final. More than 750 players are competing for $200,000 (Â£99,200) in prize money, with about 5,000 spectators expected. The games being played include CounterStrike, Quake 4, Warcraft 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4. There is also a women-only CounterStrike tournament. David Heuze, communications manager for the event, said: "The best video game players in the world are here." Mr Heuze said the atmosphere during games was similar to a football match. "It's crazy. There is a lot of noise and cheering.
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- Has anyone died from a selfie stick? in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Can't open ACSM eBook files on Windows 8.1 tablet in Software Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Falcon 9: TurkmenSat 1 (commsat) in Science Discussion & News
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-6 ISS resupply in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.