Thousands of gamers are in Paris over the next four days for the Electronic Sports World Cup grand final. More than 750 players are competing for $200,000 (Â£99,200) in prize money, with about 5,000 spectators expected. The games being played include CounterStrike, Quake 4, Warcraft 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4. There is also a women-only CounterStrike tournament. David Heuze, communications manager for the event, said: "The best video game players in the world are here." Mr Heuze said the atmosphere during games was similar to a football match. "It's crazy. There is a lot of noise and cheering.
- If you are going to use HTTPS, use it for everything please in Site & Forum Issues
- Help identifying the right type of curtain rod in The Hobby Corner
- uTorrent hopes to regain trust after BitCoin mining controversy in Back Page News
- Best ASP.NET / PHP Host in Web Design / Programming
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- postal 2 paradise lost (i am stuck) in Computer Gaming
- In fight against spammers, Steam now restricts accounts until users show hard cash in Computer Gaming
- Grand Theft Auto V in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.